Driving for Better Business
Driving for Better Business is an award-winning, government-backed National Highways programme to help employers in both the private and public sectors reduce work-related road risk, control the associated costs and improve compliance with current legislation and guidance.
Our online tools and resources help you evaluate practices, strengthen culture, enhance performance and demonstrate leadership.
Our mission is to improve safety and reduce risk for all those who drive or ride for work, by promoting good management practice and demonstrating the significant business benefits.
Working closely with local road safety professionals is one of our key strategies for improving work-related road safety. With your local knowledge, contacts and enthusiasm, and our resources and support, we hope to help you engage local businesses more effectively and share with them the resources to support improvements in both driver management and driver behaviour. Our aim is to help you make a positive impact on your own local road casualties that involve people driving for work.
Getting local businesses to sign up to the Driving for Better Business programme is the first step in improving awareness and knowledge about work-related driver safety. We have worked with a number of regional partners to improve business engagement through:
- Events at business parks and industrial estates
- Police engagement with commercial vehicle drivers at roadside compliance stops
- Fire service engagement with businesses during commercial premises fire inspections
- Partnership involvement with business networks such as Chambers of Commerce
- All partners engagement with their own supply chains